There is a kiosk at the Missaukee County Sheriff's Office for bond payments. This is located at the west entrance into the office from Canal St.
Inmates are allowed to receive "whites" only through Amazon or through our jail commissary. The inmate is allowed up to three (3) pairs of shirts, socks and/or underwear.
Inmates are allowed visitors. Visiting hours are Tuesdays 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 and 1:00 to 4:00.
- Appointments are accepted for a 1/2 hour visitation time slot. These may be made by calling (231) 839-4338 ext 2 for the jail. You may leave a message.
- Each inmate is allowed one visit per week by appointment from their approved visitation list.
- No more than two (2) visitors will be allowed at any one time.
- No one 16 years old or under will be permitted to visit without a parent or guardian present.
- All visitors must sign in and completely fill out the visitor's log.
- Any visit that disrupts the operation of the jail will be immediately terminated and visitor(s) escorted from the building. This may result in the loss of future visitation privileges.
- Visitors shall produce a valid photo ID prior to visit.
- Visitors shall abide by the rules posted in the visitation area.
- Inmates may provide the Jail Administrator or his/her designee a list with a maximum of five (5) names of whom they would like to have approved as a visitor. The Jail Administrator or his/her designee must approve all visitors.
Inmates are allowed mail. Their address would be:
Missaukee County Jail
PO Box 800
Lake City, MI 49651
All incoming mail must be postcard form and free from inappropriate material. Anything else will be returned to sender. Mail with a perfume scent will be returned to sender. Inmates are only permitted to write postcards to family and other approved persons. (Exception of attorney/client communication).
Inmates cannot receive incoming phone calls. Telephones are available to inmates from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. All outgoing calls are made collect only or by an approved phone card that the inmate purchases through inmate commissary.
Corrections Officers and/or Dispatch cannot and will not "pass messages" or information, either verbally or written, to the inmates. Communication must be done through First Class Mail, telephone calls, or approved visits.
Please see Inmate Accounts regarding providing an inmate money for commissary.