Enacted on October 12, 1993, by the Missaukee County Board of Commissioners, Ordinance 93-2 requires all mobiles moved into or within Missaukee County must comply with the following in order to obtain a building permit to set the mobile:
v Year Manufactured 1976 or Newer
v Egress Windows in all Bedrooms
v Minimum 720 sq.ft.
v HUD Data Plate (HUD Sticker) MUST BE POSTED IN MOBILE showing (in part):
o 30 lbs. Snow Roof Load (30 PSF)
o Zoned 1 – Wind
o Zoned 2 – Temperature
Information required to obtain a building permit includes the following:
- Property tax number of construction site.
- Road or street of construction site, including numbered address if known.
- Homeowner’s name and current mailing address.
- Current copy of contractor’s license for permits obtained by a contractor. Contractor must completely fill out all of Section II, Part C.
- Section VI, Applicant Information, must be completed and signed by applicant.
- Foundation plan.
- Floor plan.
- Well and/or Septic Permit, if new system, or approval from health department if using existing system. Issued through local Michigan Health Department.
- Land Use Permit for setting of mobile/modular home within the city limits of Lake City or McBain. Issued through city’s zoning administrator.
- Soil and Erosion Permit, if applicable. Issued through the Missaukee County Conservation District.
- Driveway Permit, if applicable. Issued through the Missaukee County Road Commission.